Cambridge Assessment International Education prepares school students for life, helping them develop an informed curiosity and a lasting passion for learning. We are part of the University of Cambridge. Our Cambridge Pathway gives students a clear path for educational success from age 5 to 19.
• Over 10 000 schools in over 160 countries around the world offer Cambridge qualifications.
• We are a division of Cambridge Assessment, a not-for-profit organisation and part of the world renowned University of Cambridge.
• The first Cambridge international exams were taken in Trinidad in 1864 by six candidates.
• Cambridge Primary is taught in more than 1800 schools in over 95 countries.
• We receive over 120000 entries a year for Cambridge Lower Secondary Checkpoint, our tests for 11 to 14 year olds.
• 2018 marked the 30th anniversary of the first Cambridge IGCSE exam.
• Cambridge IGCSE is the world’s most popular international qualification for 14 to 16 year olds. It is taken in over 150 countries and in more than 4800 schools around the world.
• There are over 800000 subject entries for Cambridge IGCSE exams each year.
• We are the world’s biggest provider of O Level. Cambridge O Level is taken in over 50 countries.
• Cambridge International AS & A Levels are taken in over 130 countries with more than 575 000 subject entries each year.
• We developed Cambridge Pre-U as an alternative to A Level for UK schools. It prepares students for university and was first examined in June 2010.
• More than 170 schools are registered to teach Cambridge Pre-U.
• Over 180 institutions around the world run Cambridge Professional Development Qualification programmes where teachers and leaders benefit from professional learning based on international research and best practice.
• Cambridge examinations are marked by around 10000 highly skilled examiners.
• We produce around 8 million question papers each year.
• We run more than 1000 training events a year providing thousands of teachers from across the globe with the skills and knowledge they need to help their students succeed.
Facts and figures about Cambridge International (Portuguese) pdf
Facts and figures about Cambridge International (Spanish) pdf